MIDWEST ELITE SOCCER CAMP AND GOALKEEPER ACADEMY
Preparing Female Athletes for College Soccer
Midwest Elite Soccer Camp is a four day residential soccer experience held at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minnesota. It is for high school aged female soccer players who are serious about playing college soccer.
To provide high school athletes with the opportunity to be coached and evaluated by a wide variety of colleges while exposing players to the inner workings of the college recruiting & admissions process and life inside a college soccer program.
Entering 9th grade through 12th grade (as of 2015-16 school year).
TENTATIVE 2015 DATES
Session I: Wed, 6/24 (check-in by 3:00pm) to Sat, 6/27 (check-out 12:30pm-2pm)*
Session II: Sun, 6/28 (check-in by 3:00pm) to Wed, 7/1 (check-out 12:30pm-2pm)*
*Please note, we are quite flexible. If a player needs to check-in late or check-out early due to club team commitments, family commitments, etc., we can handle most requests as long as we are warned in advance.
TO BE DETERMINED – CHECK BACK IN EARLY DECEMBER
See REGISTRATION PAGE for more details
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2014 CAMP
NEW FOR 2015
WHY CHOOSE MIDWEST ELITE SOCCER CAMP (MESC)?
1) Amazing Staff: Who knows best what it takes to succeed at the college level? College coaches, of course! Our staff is composed of talented and motivated college coaches from a wide variety of schools. They’re here to make you better and maybe even recruit you to their school!
2) The Most Colleges: Are you looking for the opportunity to be noticed by the most colleges? Then MESC is the place for you. We have DI, DII, DIII, & NAIA colleges represented. Coaches from around the country come to our camp to coach and evaluate. It’s a true showcase event.
3) Showcase Yourself!: Coaches have the opportunity to watch and evaluate all players at the camp, not just players from their own camp team. Players complete in small sided (7 vs. 7) and full sided (11 vs. 11) games, showcasing themselves in all playing environments.
4) Education Beyond The Field: A college recruiting seminar (hosted by college coaches), college player round-table discussion, college admissions seminar (provided by a Collegiate Director of Admissions), and sports psychology seminar are all part of the camp.
5) GK Training: 2014 MESC Advanced GK Academy was run by Keyton Wheelock (Both Sessions), Karli Kopeitz (Session I), and Niki Brooks (Session II). All three GK trainers are current Division I GK coaches. The training sessions teach advanced goalkeeping techniques and prepare high school goalkeepers for the next step in their career.
6) Affordable: The entire residential camp experience is only TBD! Compare this to residential camps with similarly qualified staffs, and we’re sure you’ll find it quite reasonable.
7) The Most Fun!: In addition to receiving the best training and competition, our college coaches and counselors (college players) will make sure you have a blast! Plus, we put on the best karaoke night in the Midwest!
8) SAFE: Players stay in secure, supervised collegiate residences. No players are allowed off campus during the camp without express permission by a parent or guardian. An athletic trainer is available during all physical activities.
2014 Participating Colleges/Universities*
Hamline University (MN) (DIII)